What Are the Latest Backsplash Trends?
The importance of the backsplash can’t be overstated when it comes to remodeling a kitchen. For better or for worse, changing up the backsplash can drastically alter the kitchen’s appearance. Since it can make or break your kitchen, you’ll need to mull over all of your backsplash options for your new space. Continue reading about the hottest trends to help generate some backsplash ideas in Phoenix, AZ:
- Ceiling-height backsplash: Many kitchens these days are doing away with so much wall cabinetry and instead opting for open shelving or no shelving at all. In place of bulky cabinets, homeowners are opting to install backsplash from the counter all the way up to the ceiling. A beautiful backsplash extending all the way up can really make a statement in your kitchen.
- Larger subway tiles: The most common size for subway tiles is 3” x 6”, But designers these days are ditching the smaller sizes and opting for 4” x 8” or even 4” x 12”. Larger tiles help make the kitchen look bigger, and bigger tiles mean fewer grout lines to clean.
- Mirrored and metallic finishes: Instead of traditional tiles, some homeowners are going bold with mirrored or metallic backsplashes. This option makes a statement, especially during the daytime when the sun reflects off the shiny surface. You’ll love how the reflective surface pairs with the elegant look of granite countertops in Phoenix, AZ.
- Fun patterns: Consider mixing it up by installing a backsplash with a unique pattern. Tiles with bold patterns can be a real talking point, but just be careful—you don’t want to pick something that’s too busy, as it could make your kitchen look cluttered instead of unique and fun.
- Bold colors: Nobody says your backsplash has to be white, black, gray or another neutral tone. Instead, grab some colored tiles and make your kitchen unique. Blue tiles can create a homey feeling in the kitchen, while reds or yellows give off a burst of energy.
- Stone slabs: You don’t need to use tiles at all for your backsplash if you don’t want to. Instead, just use a single slab of stone. Matching your backsplash and granite countertops in Phoenix, AZ creates a sleek and cohesive look in any kitchen. Plus, a single slab of stone is a lot easier to clean!
- Gold accents: Hints of gold in your backsplash help foster a warm and elegant feeling throughout the kitchen. Although it can work in nearly any space, this is a good choice for someone who already has brass fixtures in their kitchen.
- Window backsplash: If your kitchen has a view, ditch the backsplash altogether and replace the wall with glass windows. This option brings a ton of natural light indoors and ensures you always have something to look at while you’re cooking or doing the dishes.
Talk to our pros today!
If you’re remodeling your kitchen, call the team at Petrus Countertops and Remodeling right away! In addition to offering fantastic backsplash ideas in Phoenix, AZ, we specialize in installing new countertops, backsplashes, cabinetry and flooring that’ll transform the appearance of your kitchen.
Categorised in: Backsplashes