Quartz countertops in Phoenix, AZ are made from a manufactured stone that consists of natural stone elements and a heat-resistant resin. These quartz counters are effortlessly stylish and exceptionally durable. Many people opt for quartz because it’s a cost-effective way to achieve a modern, elegant aesthetic in your kitchen.
Quartz, unlike its natural alternative, quartzite, is completely non-porous, meaning that it’s immune to molds and internal dirt accumulation. This fact makes it an increasingly popular alternative to natural stone, because it also doesn’t need to be sealed on a semi-annual basis.
Like natural stone, quartz is easy to clean. Your quartz counters will last the longest when you provide them with regular cleaning and maintenance. Knowing how to properly perform countertop cleaning in Phoenix, AZ will provide you with the expertise necessary to maintain your counters and ensure that you’re making the most of your investment in quartz countertops.
If you’re hoping to maximize your investment, you may be wondering what steps you can take to optimize the way that you care for your quartz countertops. Here are a few tips to keep in mind when it comes time to clean your quartz counters:
- Wipe daily with water: To keep your engineered quartz countertops in prime condition, wipe them down with a clean washcloth and distilled water on a daily basis. Non-distilled water may leave chemical or mineral deposits on your countertops that could be unappealing, and it may form stains over time.
- Remove spills before they dry: If you spill wine, vinegar, juice or another substance on your quartz countertops in Phoenix, AZ, wipe up the spilled substance as quickly as possible, before it has the chance to dry. This will prevent a stain from forming, and will keep the spilled substance from potentially damaging the quartz.
- Eliminate stains with surface cleaner: In the event that a stain does form on your quartz countertop, you can eliminate the stain with a mild surface cleaner. Window cleaners are often appropriate to use on quartz—alternatively, you could use diluted lemon juice or vinegar and a non-abrasive brush to remove the stain.
- Use specialized cleaners for grease: If you notice a buildup of cooking grease on your quartz countertop, particularly near your cooking area or stovetop, purchase a gentle degreaser from your local countertop shop or hardware store. Use this, and a non-abrasive brush, to remove the grease.
- Remove ink stains: Despite your best efforts, marker or pen stains may occur on your quartz countertops. If this occurs, use a gentle ink remover or “goo” remover to eat away at the ink. Be sure to wipe up any leftover cleaner residue, and clean the surface with warm water after the ink is removed.
Petrus Countertops and Remodeling is a trusted provider of quartz countertops in Phoenix, AZ. We offer high-quality stone surfaces to homeowners throughout the region. We also offer fabrication services of both natural and engineered stone countertop products. Additionally, we can assist you by providing advice on countertop cleaning in Phoenix, AZ. To learn more about our dependable fabrication services, and to schedule a consultation for your remodeling endeavor, reach out to one of our friendly representatives today.
Categorised in: Kitchen Countertop Cleaning