How to Choose Tile for a Kitchen Backsplash
When designing your new kitchen or remodeling your existing space, one of the biggest choices you have to make concerns the type of kitchen tile in Phoenix, AZ that you’re going to use. When trying to choose the right backsplashes in Phoenix, AZ, it’s easy to be overwhelmed with the number of options. Often, tile contractors in Phoenix, AZ offer so many styles and colors that it’s hard to pick one. Read on for tips for choosing the right tile for your backsplash in your kitchen:
- Material: The first thing to consider when choosing your backsplashes in Phoenix, AZ is the material for your tile. You can use ceramic tile, brick or even hand-painted tiles. You’ll want to think about the overall look and style you’re trying to achieve when selecting your material. For rustic or industrial looks, brick is a great choice. For more contemporary or crisp styles, ceramic tile is easy to customize to fit your look.
- Countertops: When talking to your tile contractors in Phoenix, AZ, you should talk about the color and style of your countertops and how they will fit in with your backsplash. The materials as well as the color of both the countertops and kitchen tile in Phoenix, AZ should be taken into account to make sure they will go well together and complement each other in texture, tone and style, as well as color.
- Color: Speaking of color, the color of your tile is one of the most important decisions you’ll have to make. You can pick neutral colors that match with the colors in your kitchen and the rest of your home, or decide on a splash of vibrant color that will stand out and shine. Color is completely a matter of preference and personal taste. Many people enjoy splashes of startling and eye-catching colors, while others find peace and tranquility in neutral, quiet spaces.
- Height: You may not think about the design of your kitchen other than the layout, but the heights of the cabinets, counters and the backsplashes in Phoenix, AZ are decisions you have to make, too. While the height of cabinetry often determines the height of the backsplash, you may want to raise the bottom of the cabinets to make room for more tiles. Some people even choose a counter-to-ceiling installation to make the backsplash the focal point of their kitchen.
- Shapes and patterns: Kitchen tile in Phoenix, AZ comes in many shapes and patterns, and this aspect of your tile is another factor you’ll have to consider. Your tile contractor in Phoenix, AZ may have some suggestions and will be able to show you what’s popular. There are classic designs and sizes, as well as more interesting shapes and patterns you can choose from.
Petrus Countertops and Remodeling provides granite, quartz and marble slab fabrication and installation for homes throughout Arizona. We help you create your aesthetic in a beautiful and unique way that is intensely personalized. Give us a call today for a free estimate.
Categorised in: Backsplashes