Everyone loves to watch home and garden shows—they’re a guilty pleasure for many. Trends in these types of shows can be hard to keep up with, though—the fashions, materials and styles always seem to be changing. We recommend going with personalized professional advice when it comes to this type of thing, but there are also some trends that we have spotted that we are happy to share with our readers. Kitchen remodeling in Phoenix, AZ is a popular topic, so we are happy to give this industry-insider peek into some of the hottest kitchen countertop designs coming in this year:
- Quartz is still popular: Quartz is a choice that’s still very popular with many homeowners. One of the most appealing parts of quartz is that it is non-porous, so it doesn’t need to be regularly sealed, like granite does. It’s higher end than granite, and its price reflects this, but it could be a very nice choice for you to look into as you explore kitchen remodeling in Phoenix, AZ.
- Concrete: Concrete is a popular option that a lot of people like due to the beautiful and distinctive textures and patterns that are possible when it’s in use. Flecks of color can really create some fascinating visual effects, and you also don’t need to reseal concrete. This will pay dividends for years in the form of reduced cleanings that can put a strain on your body and on your wallet.
- Backsplashes are getting big: Working with backsplashes is one way to really add some color to your space when looking into kitchen remodeling in Phoenix, AZ. Subway tiles have been popular for years, and continue to be, but other options are possible now. Neutral colors are in use, but some homeowners are using backsplashes as a chance to try bold new colors that can really pop.
- Unexpected neutrals: Using neutral colors can feel like a revolutionary act these days, what with the prevalence of bright blue or jet black countertops that you see everywhere. Using neutral tones on countertops and walls can do you a real service, though, particularly when they offset bright colors on backsplashes.
- Kitchen sink styles are changing: Matte black is a hot trend in sink styles—going beyond traditional silver metal is a very popular move right now and can make your kitchen a real talking point. You should also look into oversized sinks—their added convenience is the real reason, but they will also pair well with an oversized fridge.
- Character in countertops: Veining in countertops is a nice way to add texture to your stone countertop—it really creates depth and visual interest.
- Environmentally friendly: Being more sustainable is something we all need to strive for. This can translate to countertops as well, and some are now made of such materials as 75 percent recycled glass.
- Honed finishes: A honed finish is a matte one with basically no shine—it has a low sheen and really can conceal any flaws or scratch marks, making it a great choice for the well-loved home with kids and pets aplenty!
Kitchen remodeling trends in Phoenix, AZ are always changing, so be sure to check in with the team at Petrus Countertops and Remodeling to stay on top of the hottest things going!
Categorised in: Granite Countertops