The outdated, boring backsplash in your kitchen should be a thing of the past. If you are doing a kitchen remodel in Phoenix, AZ, make your backsplash a statement piece that will wow your guests. Here are a few ideas to steal to make your kitchen stand out:
- Stripes: Subway tile typically comes in neutrals, but don’t shy away from it if you’re thinking you want some color. Add a stripe in a color that complements the rest of your kitchen, pulling everything together. You may even consider using a subway tile in a different size when adding in the stripe to really make it stand out.
- Non-repeating pattern: Take a non-traditional tile shape and create a pattern that varies in height as it goes along the wall. It will keep your guests guessing and add chicness to even the most standard kitchen.
- Cubist: For art enthusiasts, try an asymmetrical approach. Pick a patterned tile and place it on the wall to create an abstract image, adding a unique element to your kitchen.
- Mirrored tiles: If you’re looking to enhance the brightness of your kitchen, add a mirrored tile backsplash. This works great on a backsplash that doesn’t take up too much space, adding just the right amount of fun to your kitchen.
- Dark grout: Black and white kitchens create a modern feel and typically include a white tiled backsplash. Add a darker grout during kitchen remodeling in Phoenix, AZ to pull in the black elements of the kitchen, creating a seamless connection between appliances and the backsplash.
- Glossy black: Want a black and white kitchen, but hope to make black the dominant color? Consider using a glossy black tile instead of white subway tile. You can enhance the black and white look by using a white grout to connect to the cabinetry.
- Bright and bold pattern: Choose a beautiful patterned tile in a color that complements your kitchen cabinets. This adds a sense of wonder to even the most classic kitchens.
- Marble: Adding a marbled effect to your kitchen doesn’t mean redoing your countertops. Consider a marble slab or marble tiles for your backsplash if you like this natural stone look.
- Herringbone: Rising up the ranks and quickly moving horizontal subway tile out of the top spot, herringbone is a great way to modernize your kitchen. The variety of colors and sizes you can choose for your herringbone patterned backsplash make this a great choice if you want options.
- Sunburst: If you like the diagonals of the herringbone but want a little extra flair, try a sunburst pattern. This works especially great around a kitchen window that is in a central spot, drawing the eye to the brightness in your kitchen.
If you’re thinking about installing a new backsplash, hire an expert to make sure your vision comes to life. When it comes to kitchen remodeling in Phoenix, AZ, Petrus Countertops and Remodeling has you covered. Call us now to set up your in-home consultation or learn more about the range of products we have in stock.
Categorised in: Backsplashes