What You Should Know About Granite Countertops
Granite is one of the most popular options for kitchen and bathroom countertops. Not only does granite look great, it’s easy to maintain and it lasts for many decades. If you’re thinking about investing in granite countertops in Phoenix, AZ, it’s important to learn more about the benefits of this material. Keep reading to learn more about granite countertops and to get some advice to help you determine whether these countertops are right for you.
Common granite countertop myths
There is a lot of confusion out there about granite countertops. Understanding the truth about some common granite countertop myths can give you a better understanding of what to expect from granite and whether it’s the right option for your home. Here are some of the biggest myths about granite countertops in Phoenix, AZ:
- Granite upkeep is difficult: A lot of homeowners are hesitant to install granite because they believe it will be difficult to maintain. However, granite is actually one of the easiest-to-maintain materials for countertops in Phoenix, AZ. While granite must be sealed regularly to preserve its surface, it’s very easy to wipe down and clean spills, food particles and dirt.
- Granite is very expensive: One of the primary reasons why lots of homeowners don’t invest in granite countertops is because they assume it’s out of their budget. While granite countertops can be a big investment, there are plenty of affordable granite countertop options that won’t break the bank. What’s more, granite lasts for many decades and doesn’t have to be repaired or replaced at the same rate as some less expensive countertop options. In the long run, many homeowners are able to save money by investing in granite.
- Granite is the same as marble: Granite and marble might look similar, but these materials are very different in several key ways. Granite is far more durable than marble, and is much less likely to be scuffed, scratched or chipped.
- Granite stains easily: Staining is a big concern for many homeowners, so it’s worth noting that granite does not stain easily. Oil stains are the most persistent granite stains, and these can be removed effectively using a specialty paste that draws the oil from the countertop.
- Granite loses its shine over time: Granite is a shiny countertop material that’s known for its luster, and a lot of people assume that this shine will fade over time. However, granite is a very durable material that doesn’t show signs of wear and tear like less resilient countertop materials do. Even if granite becomes a little dull after a few years, all it takes is some polish to get it looking like new in no time.
Countertops in Phoenix, AZ
If you want to learn more about granite countertops in Phoenix, AZ, reach out to Petrus Countertops and Remodeling. For years, we have provided comprehensive remodeling services, including granite countertop installation. No matter your vision for your new countertops, our team has the experience necessary to make it a reality. Get started with a quote and consultation by giving us a call today.
Categorised in: Granite Countertops