Sometimes, what looks like an expensive kitchen only appears that way! That offers hope to those who need to keep costs down when pursuing kitchen and bathroom remodeling in Phoenix, AZ. The truth of the matter is, you can upgrade your kitchen by making a few simple changes. Here are six of them:
- New light fixtures: New lighting systems often make a big difference, and without much added expense. Look into updating light fixtures at breakfast nooks or food preparation areas. If your fixtures were last replaced in 1987, consider going for a more modern or energy-efficient model. Lighting should be decorative as well as functional. You can change the environment and design with new fixtures.
- Add a backsplash: A backsplash will provide protection against water, but it is also a small area where you can add a touch of your own personal style. Unlike shower walls, you only need a few tiles to create the ultimate backsplash. Consider splurging on the tiles and installing the backsplash on your own. It adds a nice element to your kitchen without threatening the timely payment of your mortgage.
- Move things around: You may have more options for layout than you realize, and can change it without spending excessive cash. Generally, the distance between the stove, sink and refrigerator should be small, as those three areas are often used in succession while you cook. Refrigerators should be closer to the kitchen entrance, as it is the go-to for each household and allows people to get a snack or drink without getting in the way. You may need to move power outlets, but making these adjustments will cost less than a full remodel.
- Upgrade all cabinets: The taller your cabinets, the more storage you will enjoy! If your upper cabinets are 36 inches tall, consider replacing them with 42-inch models. That adds another shelf of storage space. If you have a considerably lofty space, consider stacked cabinets that reach to the ceiling. While you may need a stepladder, counter clutter will be a thing of the past.
- Change hardware: Your cabinets and drawers may look great, but you may never have been totally enamored with the knobs and drawer pulls. Hardware is the jewelry of your cabinetry, and changing it out can make tired cabinets look modern and new. This can be an especially effective design step if you rent and want a kitchen that is less ordinary. You just need to change it back out when you move.
- New floor: If you cannot change your whole kitchen, new floors can make a big difference. Wood floors are nice and help your kitchen match the rest of your home. However, you can add extra luxury and color by switching to ceramic tile. It is also easier to clean when you face inevitable kitchen spills.
Petrus Countertops and Remodeling offers kitchen and bathroom remodeling services in Phoenix, AZ. Check out our gallery and see if our approach works with your ideas. If so, call us today to schedule a design consultation.
Categorised in: Backsplashes