Six Ways to Reinvent Your Bathroom
July 10, 2020
There is no reason to settle for an ordinary bathroom. Kitchen and bathroom remodeling in Phoenix, AZ may often be extensive, but there are times when spaces only need a few quick adjustments. Bathrooms are no different. Whether you are looking at the dream remodel or can only afford a few very simple adjustments, here are six ways to reinvent your bathroom:
- Paint: Any paint you put in your bathroom has a short life expectancy anyway. Constant humidity leads to seepage, and before long, the only solution is a fresh coat of paint. Rather than see this as a chore, treat it as an opportunity. Change the color, add a tile wall or add some embellishment. This is your chance for a change—make it count!
- Flooring: Like paint, bathroom floors take a beating. They lose their shine and even develop spots. You essentially have two choices when it comes to bathroom floors: replace it with a new tile pattern and enjoy a new look, or polish the old floor and make it look new again. Once you take on either option, consider a new rug to pull the look together.
- Mirrors: Bathrooms require mirrors, and there is no reason to settle for a standard boring one. Place mirrors in colonial-style frames to make them less plain. Choose different-shaped mirrors or lay them out in a trendy style. You can find mirrors in traditional, futuristic or even industrial designs. Some homeowners look into a composition of several mirrors rather than just one large mirror. Your choice is only limited by your imagination.
- New lights: Your light fixtures may be old, ugly or inefficient. These days, recessed lights and trendy lamps gain more style traction as well as reduce utility bills. Move away from clunky fixtures and boring bulbs. Try new lighting that illuminates better and adds new design to an old bathroom.
- Art: Your bathroom does not need to be a spartan space with no expression of your personality. Wall art belongs in bathrooms, too, and since you spend time there washing up, taking showers and getting ready for work, you might as well make it colorful and dramatic. Bright colors and your favorite artwork will turn this space from being strictly utilitarian to a spot where you do not mind spending time.
- Better fittings: Hardware and fixtures can also benefit from upgrading. A faucet gives you your water, but it can also add new style elements. Shower heads also have designs, whether you prefer rain-shower or detachable. If your cabinets are fine, but the knob and drawer pulls are not, consider swapping them out for a new modern or vintage look. These small changes go far, and you can complete them within a couple of hours.
Petrus Countertops and Remodeling offers help with kitchen and bathroom remodeling in Phoenix, AZ. Whether you wish to merely replace countertops or rip apart the whole thing and start over, we are here to offer our design advice. Call today to discuss your ideas.
Categorised in: Granite Countertops